Contractor Information

Expanded Use Loan

Owner-occupied, single family residential homes, non-profit organizations, and K-12 public schools have access to the expanded use loan (30-year, 1.8% interest loan), as well as potential grant eligibility. Commercial property owners have access to the loan, but do not have access to grants.  A resident applying for the expanded use loan must provide the Hi-Desert Water District with the required documents, including copies of at least two bids (detailed material and labor cost) from contractors listed on the Interested Contractors List, evidence of ownership, a copy of their deed (or one of the following: property tax statement or mortgage statement), and a copy of a government-issued photo ID or their social security card.

Payment and Reimbursement

Once the required documents are reviewed, HDWD Staff will issue a pre-approval loan letter to the resident, and the resident will enter into an agreement with the contractor they select.  The contractor will be required to complete an additional form, a private property connection inspection checklist, from the State Water Resources Control Board.  Contractors are encouraged to submit all final invoices and related paperwork by the 25th of each month to ensure timely submission to the State Water Resources Control Board. Completed forms will be submitted to the State Water Resources Control Board once a month.  The State Water Resources Control Board anticipates a 60-90 day time frame for reimbursement.  It is important that your forms be complete, as incomplete forms may be returned and reimbursement may be delayed.

Becoming an "Interested Contractor"

To become an "Interested Contractor" complete the Interested Contractor Application. If you have questions regarding the application, please call us at (760) 228-6279.

Communication with "Interested Contractors"