Mitigated Negative Declaration
NOTICE OF ADOPTION OF A MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION
Phase II and Phase III Sewer Collection System Project
Hi-Desert Water District
The Hi-Desert Water District (HDWD) is proposing to construct approximately 64 miles of PVC sewer pipeline, 1,300 manholes and three lift stations facilities in various areas of its service territory over the next 10 years for the purpose of decreasing the reliance on septic systems in their service territory.
The Phases II and III sewer pipelines are designed for the residential areas that are outside of the core, contiguous area of Yucca Valley and are identified in the HDWD Sewer Master Plan as Proposed Alignments Included in Master Plan, Proposed Alignments Not Included in Master Plan, and Deferred Alignments Included in Master Plan. The sewer pipelines will be placed generally within established roadways and easements.
The HDWD has prepared a Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration (MND) in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) to identify the proposed project; evaluate and describe the potential environmental impacts associated with the construction and operation of the proposed project; identify those impacts that could be significant; and present mitigation measures, which avoid, minimize or mitigate these impacts. As provided for by CEQA Section 21064.5, an MND may be prepared for a project subject to CEQA when the project will not result in significant environmental impacts that cannot be mitigated to a level below significance.
The draft MND was available for public review on the HDWD’s website. In accordance with CEQA, a good faith effort has been made during the preparation of the MND to contact affected agencies, organizations, and individuals who may have an interest in this project. In reviewing the MND and initial study, affected public agencies and the interested public focused on the sufficiency of the document in identifying and analyzing the possible impacts on the environment and ways in which the significant effects on the project area are proposed to be avoided or mitigated.
Comments were received on the draft MND during comment period from May 1, 2020 to May 31, 2020. Written comments on the draft MND were considered as part of the deliberation during the final adoption of the document.
The HDWD held a public hearing on June 17, 2020 at the HDWD office, 55439 29 Palms Hwy, Yucca Valley, California 92284.
- HDWD Initial Study Text - Final 4-10-20 (PDF)
- HDWD_Figure1_Regional-Vicinity (PDF)
- HDWD_Figure2_Boundary_Location (PDF)
- HDWD_Figure3A_HDWD Sewer Master Plan (PDF)
- HDWD_Figure3B_Project_Areas (PDF)
- HDWD_Figure4_Section 1
- HDWD_Figure5_Section 2 (PDF)
- HDWD_Figure6_Section 3 (PDF)
- HDWD_Figure7_Section 4 (PDF)
- HDWD_Figure8_Section 5 (PDF)
- HDWD_Figure9_Section 6 (PDF)
- HDWD_Figure10_Section 7 (PDF)
- HDWD_Figure11_Section 8 (PDF)
- HDWD_Figure12_Section 9 (PDF)
- HDWD_Figure13_Section 10 (PDF)
- HDWD_Figure14_Section 11 (PDF)
- Section_Figure_VII-1_Soils (PDF)
- Section_Figure_VII-2_Paleo (PDF)
- Section_Figure_VII-3_Seismic_Hazards (PDF)
- Section_Figure_X-1_Groundwater_Basins (PDF)
- Section_Figure_X-2_HDWD_Steams_Waterbodies (PDF)
- Section_Figure_X-3_FEMA_100_year (PDF)
- Section_FigureXX-1_Fire_Zones (PDF)
- Appendix A - Air Quality Analysis (PDF)
- Appendix B - Biological Resources Study (PDF)
- Appendix C - Cultural Resources Report (PDF)
- Appendix D - Energy Analysis (PDF)
- Appendix E - Greenhouse Gas Analysis (PDF)
- Draft MND Phase II and III Sewer (PDF)