Sewer Assessment Payment Deferral Program

Program Details

During the regular Board meeting on October 10, 2018, the Board of Directors authorized the Sewer Assessment Loan Program to provide financial assistance to eligible households to help pay some of the costs associated with Assessment District 2014-1 (HDWD-AD 2014-1).  The District can offer financial assistance of $200 to up to 1,000 households per year. The financial assistance will be in the form of a loan. Once an application is approved, the loan will be $200 per year for a ten-year period, with a total award amount of $2,000.  There will be periodic audits to confirm continued applicant eligibility.  All loans will accrue 1% interest annually. Interest is calculated on the actual amount received. All loans are due and payable to the District upon sale or transfer of ownership.  


After the application is approved, a lien will be placed on the recipient’s property that will include all accrued interest. Upon transfer of ownership, the final payoff amount will be calculated, and once collected, the lien will be removed. An administrative fee of $25 will be charged to the property owner for the lien removal and will be collected at the time of sale or transfer of ownership. At the end of the initial ten-year term, the applicant may apply again for additional assistance.

Assessment information for the tax year 2018/19 has already been submitted to the San Bernardino County Tax Collector.  As a result, the financial assistance award for 2018/19 will be in the form of a $200 check sent on behalf of the recipient to the San Bernardino County Tax Collector. Subsequent years’ assistance will be in the form of a reduction in the recipient’s annual assessment.

If you have any questions, contact Zac Frater at (760) 228-6287 or

Eligibility Requirements (must meet all of the following)

  1. Property must be an owner-occupied single-family home

  2. Property must be located in Phase 1. Click here to check which phase your property is located in.

  3. Household income must be less than $25,000 per year


Click here to download the application. You may also request a paper application by contacting Zac Frater at (760) 228-6287 or