Start/Transfer Service

If you are a new customer and would like to start service, or you are an existing customer who is moving within the District, please complete the application below.

Applications are also available during business hours at the District office, 55439 29 Palms Highway, Yucca Valley, CA 92284. Completed applications may be returned to the District in person or by mail, or by email to

A $25 service connection fee will appear on your first billing statement.

Please submit your application at least 24 hours in advance of the date you wish to begin service. We are able to accommodate requests to establish service on weekends and holidays for a fee of $80.


What you need:

Service address

Social Security number

Completed Water Service Application

Proof of ownership (escrow documents, grant deed, rental/lease agreement)

Valid, government-issued photo identification

Credit verification 

Owner authorization for rented or leased properties 


Service Deposit

A deposit or credit check is required to establish a new account. Deposits are refunded after one year of on-time payments in most cases.

To establish service, a customer may elect to pay a non-refundable, $10 fee for a credit check. The deposit is waived for those with good credit. A $150 deposit is required for customers with a moderate credit risk and $250 for those with poor credit.

New customers may also choose to pay a $250 refundable deposit with no credit report. This deposit is required for customers who do not provide a Social Security number; the deposit is refunded when the account is closed and the customer leaves the district. 

If the account is closed during the first 12 months, the security deposit is applied to the closing bill and/or the balance refunded to the customer.

For more information about opening an account, please call (760) 365-8333. 

Stop Service

To close an account and end service, you may call Customer Service at 760-365-8333 or 

email us at

Please allow 24 hours for your request to be processed. 

What is needed

Account number

Address of account

Forwarding address for final billing 

Date to stop service 

There is no charge to close an account. To avoid ongoing charges, it is the account holder’s responsibility to request a stop service. If no request is received, the account holder remains liable for any water use.

Water Service Regulations

More information regarding water service can be found in the District Policy Chapter 5.