About Your Bill
All accounts are billed on a monthly basis and are payable upon receipt. If a bill is not received, the customer remains responsible for contacting the District and paying the amount owed on the account each month.
Hi-Desert Water District (HDWD) offers many convenient ways for customers to pay their bills.
Have your payment automatically deducted from your account on the due date. You will still receive a bill in the mail to view your charges prior to the due date.
To sign up, complete the Auto-Pay Form Online. You will need to pay your current balance to begin Auto-Pay. Scroll to the bottom of this page for step-by-step signup instructions and a how-to video.
For your convenience, there are two drop box locations in Yucca Valley:
- Main Office at 55439 29 Palms Highway, Yucca Valley
- OWS Office (drop-box only) - 6955 Old Woman Springs Road
Payments received after 7:30 am will be processed on the next business day.
Cash, check or credit card payments are accepted at HDWD's office from 7:30 am to 5 pm, Monday through Thursday. You can use the Express Payment Box in the lobby for check or money order payments; receipts for check and cash payments are available at the counter.
Mail your payment to:
HDWD - Payment Processing
P.O. Box 80312
City of Industry, CA 91716
Pay your bill by phone with your credit card by calling 760-365-8333; a $2.95 transaction fee applies.
Past Due Bills
All accounts are billed monthly and are payable upon receipt. A bill is past due if not received within 20 days of the billing date. A late fee is charged to the account after 30 days ($10 or 10% of the past-due bill, whichever is greater). Service may be discontinued for non-payment after 40 days. The District will attempt to call prior to a lock-off, and customers should make sure the District has their most current contact information.
Description of Charges
- Rates and Fees - View current rates and fees.
- Service Charge - Each property with a meter is charged a monthly service fee that is based on account type and meter size. The fee covers a portion of the District's fixed costs to provide service to any existing meter, including inspection, maintenance, accounting, meter reading and billing services for a typical water connection and for fire suppression capacity.
- Water Charge - The water charge is billed in units; 1 unit is equal to 748 gallons. This charge, which varies with the amount of water used, funds a portion of the District's operating costs and imported water purchased from the State Water Project, which are used to replenish groundwater supplies.
Auto-Pay Instructions & How-to Video
Set-up Auto-Pay for your account by:
- Set up a profile and register your account using your water account information. If you have multiple accounts, you can add them to the My Profile tab.
- Have your water bill and payment information (bank account/routing number or credit card number) handy.
- After setting up your profile, select the
Make Paymenttab at the top of the screen.
- Select the payment option (credit card or bank account)
- Enter payment information
- Check the box next to
After this transaction, use this payment information to automatically debit my account.
- Make a payment for your account balance (the account balance must be zero to begin Auto-Pay, to avoid late charges and/or a disconnect notice).
Submit Paymentto finalize the transaction. You will receive a confirmation email. If you have multiple accounts, you will need to toggle Auto Pay on all profiles.
If you have questions about setting up Auto-Pay, please call 760-365-8333 or email customer service.