Coronavirus COVID-19 Updates
Hi-Desert Water District employees are working to ensure that our services continue through the COVID-19 pandemic. Staff is working to keep our customers informed as new updates are received. It’s our promise that we will ensure that water and sewer service remain operational for every customer.
Please continue to visit this webpage to view the latest updates on how Hi-Desert Water District is handling the COVID-19 pandemic.
Offices are CLOSED to the Public
The District closed its offices to the public following the Regional Stay at Home Order. More information on the order can be found here.
Offices will remain closed until further notice.
While we continue efforts to protect the health and safety of the public and employees from further spread of the COVID-19, employees will still be working to support our customers by phone, email, or online.
There's hope. There's help. There's Pandemic Rent Relief.
Financial Assistance is available for those financially impacted by COVID-19 for rental assistance AND has been expanded to include assistance with past due utility bills.
Highlights of the program:
- The San Bernardino County Rent Relief Partnership is open for San Bernardino County renters in eligible areas seeking assistance. *Individuals residing in the cities of San Bernardino and Fontana are not eligible for the County program and should contact their respective city.
- Eligibility is limited to renters in San Bernardino County with a current or written lease or rental agreement, a household income of less than 50% Area Median Income, and a documented loss of income or financial impact due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Assistance is available to qualified households without regard to immigration status.
- The Program can help pay up to 12 months of past due rent and late fees incurred from March 13, 2020.
- The program is expanding to include assistance with utility arrears. The Utility Arrears Program can help pay up to 12 months of past due utility bills and late fees incurred from March 13, 2020.
- Tenants and/or landlords may apply for rental assistance; participation from both parties will be required. Only tenants can apply for utility assistance.
- For more information, or to apply for assistance, potential applicants can visit www.sbcrentrelief.com, or call 2-1-1 and select option 5.
- December 7, 2020 - District Closed Offices to the Public
- June 1, 2020 - District to Begin Reopening to the Public
- March 17, 2020 - District Closes Office to Public
- March 16,2020 - District Opens But Takes Precautionary Measures
- March 15, 2020 - District Closed to Prepare for Coronavirus Response
- March 10, 2020 - Hi-Desert Water District Response to the Coronavirus COVID-19 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Regular Board Meetings
- Public Information Committee Meetings
- Legislative Committee Meetings
- Human Resources Committee Meetings
- Engineering Committee Meetings
- Desert Wise Landscape Tour
- World of Water Tours
- Public Advisory Committee Meetings @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- MAKING PAYMENTS Water Bills You can make payments online at www.hdwd.com or by calling (760) 365-8333; Payments can be dropped off in a drive-thru drop box located in the parking lot at the District office located at 55439 29 Palms Highway, Yucca Valley, CA or they can be mailed to PO Box 80312 City of Industry, CA 91716. Sewer Bills You can pay by credit card by calling (760) 365-8333; Cash, check or money order can be issued to Hi-Desert Water District and dropped off at the drop box located at the District office or it can be mailed to Hi-Desert Water District at 55439 29 Palms Highway, Yucca Valley, CA 92284.
- STARTING AND STOPPING SERVICE To stop service, customers can call customer service at (760) 365-8333 or email the request to firstname.lastname@example.org; Applications to start service can be found at www.hdwd.com and returned by emailing email@example.com, by Fax (760) 365-0599, by dropping the completed application in the drive-thru drop box located in the parking lot of the District office or mailing it to Hi-Desert Water District at 55439 29 Palms Highway, Yucca Valley, CA 92284.
- REPORTING LEAKS The District is postponing all home audits, and is advising customers to contact a plumbing service if they are experiencing a leak on their private property; and If a leak is occurring from a water main or in a shared public space, please report it to the District by calling (760) 365-8333 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PRIVATE SEWER CONNECTIONS Customers who are applying for a loan or need a preapproval letter, can call (760) 228-6279 or email email@example.com. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>